Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lizards

When I was putting stuff into the shed the other day, Isaac kept asking "What is this?" I looked and it was a green lizard about six inches long. We have tons of geckos here, but I have never seen anything like this before. A few minutes later, a smaller brown one showed up. Every time they got near each other they would make this noise and this pink thing would puff out from their necks. I put a post on Facebook and everybody said they are Green Anoles. I did some research and based on what we saw, they were courting. I am going to keep my eye out for little baby anoles. I also found out that they eat cockroaches. We have plenty of them around here and they totally gross me out. I about did a happy dance when I read this information.




No comments:

Post a Comment